60 in 60: My 2019 Well-being Challenge
January - Month 1
Last month I blogged about my 2019 challenge which is to try 60 new things in my 60th year (http://bit.ly/2Pen3ow). I’m still not thrilled about turning 60 in a few months but because of my 60 in 60 Challenge, I have been focused on planning new things to try instead of negatively fixated on the inevitable.
If you didn’t read my first blog, here is a synopsis:
- I’m putting everything I’ve learned about positive psychology* or the science of flourishing and well-being into practice to be happier (happiness is a choice)
- Happiness is contagious so why not spread it around?
- Being active and learning new things is good for us especially as we age
- I recently moved to Burlington, Ontario, Canada and want to explore my new city
- Taking part in 60 new activities will be a way for me to use my character strengths** which is a sure way to increase happiness